Sunday, June 26, 2005

A Moment of Silence

Breath in the fire
While in this unnatural pose.
Cast your granite stones
For the path that I chose.

Embrace the memories you and I shared
While you still have the fingers strong enough
To close the gap between us.

And I shall cherish the memories I've had.
But like all good things, they will fade.

This is not a statement of inevitable negligance,
But a promise that memories are destined to be tainted over time

And will no longer carry the same effect.

So embrace the memories you and I shared
While you still have the fingers strong enough
To close the gap between us.

And I shall cherish the memories I've had.
But like all good things, they will fade.
And in this moment of silence, remember.

Inhale the pressure overflowing the gunnels
With hopes of finding that secret chord
Before your time.

Do not forget about me.
Please don't forget about me.
But do not remember
me.

7 Comments:

At 12:51 AM, Blogger Ash said...

Sad.. and i don't know what gunnels are.. but i get the idea you are trying to portray.. such is life.. people move on.. fate sometimes pulls us in different directions whether we like it or not. maybe it's all so that we learn something.. i just don't understand what we are supposed to learn from pain.

"If life's not beautiful without the pain. Well i'd rather never ever see beauty again." - Modest Mouse.

 
At 3:17 AM, Blogger tvpartytonight said...

Great job. Write more and more! Jadon liked this so much that he quoted it in his blog! www.mindismapping.blogspot.com

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Civil Whisper said...

Gunnels are the arm-rests on canoes, the very top/sides of the boat. The part that makes contact on the top of a car when transporting, or the part you grab onto while portaging.

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Civil Whisper said...

Thanks to Jadon!

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Dingus said...

Contrarily, I find memories get sweeter over time. When you refuse to begrudge anything and learn to forgive whatever happened, everything tends to neutralize. But I guess I'm not ordinary, so my opinion doesn't matter.

Either way, I liked this post a lot.

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger Flakey Foont said...

In my memories of Graham Tilsley, he doesn't have a beard.
Now he will.

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger Syxx said...

Kick my ass if you must, but i'm gonna remember you. So HA.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home