Tuesday, February 22, 2005

My Mommy and Me

My mother and I had a talk today. It was the first time in years now that I think of it. A talk about my physical appearance. I have tried talking to her about piercings and tattoos and the idea of her signing for me. I make it about one full sentence deep and then she reflects with a stubborn insult directed at me in regards to my bad habits; turning off lights, eating properly and healthily, getting a job, etc. When she has no voice on a topic, she decides to attack on a different subject. Especially religion, but thats another rhamble and rant not quite worthy of a post.
I had asked her to come downstairs and listen to a song I that have significantly rearranged, she listened and once it was done she said, "I really really don't find those earrings very attractive." This caught me completely off guard. Other times she would make a crack about taking me bra shopping, or just straight out call me a fag, this time she cautioned her opinion in a regular, caring voice, the kind a mother should always make use of.
There was no final consensus on the topic of decorating/vandalizing myself with steel and ink, but I feel much more respect and appreciation towards her.

2 Comments:

At 4:52 PM, Blogger Matthew said...

I respect your mom too.

=D~

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Civil Whisper said...

Damn you and damn Aaron... Stay away from her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home