Saturday, March 05, 2005

Cry baby

I still feel guilty
I'm no good with goodbyes
This melody is my therapy
To put an end to your surmise

It's my fault
We grew apart
In your eyes
Before Valentimes

I offered many hints
And your reaction was then guaged
I put myself on the fence
While you were protected within the shade

You showed no signs
Of fascination
It must have been
So fustrating

To not be communicating



I like to be challenged. With the exception of quick fixes, I generally like to be around people who are smarter than myself, it gives me something to strive for. I have no vocabulary (or I thought I didn't), but in comparison to most of my friends, I don't. Certain people use plenty of "big" words and I just sit there and nod most of the time. I can usually figure out what it means by the rest of the conversation and then sometimes I already knew what it meant, but the chances of me using that word in a sentence on my own prior to meeting this person is incredibly slim. It kind of makes me feel like an idiot, and I kind of like that.
So don't go making me out to be the bad person, I tried plenty of times to be your friend, I thought you were nervous and you would grow out of it, but you didn't. I gave you more than enough chances, and I got tired of sitting there searching for something to say because you couldn't continue the conversation. So instead of waiting for you to "grow up" ... I did.

14 Comments:

At 2:38 PM, Blogger Dingus said...

I try to be concise in ordinary conversations so people aren't overwhelmed. I hate elitism in all of it's forms. I know how much that sort of thing intimidates/daunts me so I don't like to put people into the same situation. Unless they ask for it. Haha(?)

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger Civil Whisper said...

I ask for it, intellegence is sexy.

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger Matthew said...

Girls do stupid things Graham, don't let it phase you.
If they still want to be your friend they will be, and if they don't then they wern't your friend in the first place.

Ps. I make an elitist effort whenever I can.

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger Civil Whisper said...

You do a lovely job, Matticus.

 
At 1:26 AM, Blogger tvpartytonight said...

Haha, you bolded a typo.

 
At 2:47 AM, Blogger Syxx said...

Bolding typo's is the bomb.

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Civil Whisper said...

Hardly... The typo was what she thought the word actually was. "Valentimes" and "Fustrating," that was a major turning point for me. I mean, how do you not know basic common words?!

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger Syxx said...

This is true. Makes one wonder.

 
At 6:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

girls are stupid, but so are guys. alot of the time people are smarter then you think. this girl is probably smart and you just can't see it.

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger Civil Whisper said...

I didn't say she was stupid, we could carry on very clever and intriguing conversations online, but in person, she just wouldn't talk to me.

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Civil Whisper said...

...I'm surprised you are defending her though, I thought you hated her.

 
At 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hate her? no. wait, who do you think this is?

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Matthew said...

I bet its mackenzie.
She just learned how to comment.
She's gone mad with power.

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger tvpartytonight said...

What a pervert.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home